Updated: Nov 15, 2019
I have an amazing recipe today that will become a keeper for the holidays.
It’s a healthier take on cranberry sauce. Don’t be surprised if you end up using it at other times of the year!
It’s great to accompany almost any meat or stuffing… and who doesn't love stuffing and cranberry sauce?!
This thick cranberry sauce is almost a marmalade texture and takes less than 30 minutes to make. Plus, it can be made several days ahead of time and stored covered in the fridge.
I chose coconut sugar for this recipe because it’s lower in fructose. You also could add maple syrup (start with ¼ cup and add more to taste) or, you can add dates. Simply soak 5-6 dates in hot water, and then chop them up before adding them to the pan.
Holiday Cranberry-Pineapple Jelly
● ½ cup (100 g) coconut sugar (or maple syrup or chopped soaked dates)
● 1 cup (230 g) water
● ½ cup (110 g) crushed pineapple
● 2 tbsp pineapple juice
● ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
● ⅛ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
● ½ cup (95 g) dried tart cherries
● 1 12-ounce (350 g) package fresh or frozen cranberries
● ⅔ cup (85 g) chopped walnuts, toasted